Well, the lies and half-truths were spilling out of Joe’s irritatingly smiling mouth.
1) Biden claims the White House didn’t know the US embassy needed extra security. That’s a lie.
2) Joe added about 700,000 private sector jobs to the mythical 4.5 million number Obama continues to spout. Joe claims 5.2 million jobs have been created. “There are 5.2 million new jobs, private-sector jobs. We need more, but 5.2 million — if they’d get out of the way, if they’d get out of the way and let us pass the tax cut for the middle class, make it permanent, if they get out of the way and pass the — pass the jobs bill, if they get out of the way and let us allow 14 million people who are struggling to stay in their homes because their mortgages are upside down, but they never missed a mortgage payment, just get out of the way.”
It’s a lie. Since Obama’s election, the economy has only added 300,000 jobs, if you ignore the 30-year low in labor force participation. As are as the tax cut, Democrats are against the tax the rich scheme and won”t vote for it. Guess Biden also forgot about Obama’s failed $75 billion HAMP that Democrats stopped.
3) Biden tries to blame Republicans for the deficits and national debt. “
And, by the way, they talk about this Great Recession if it fell out of the sky, like, “Oh, my goodness, where did it come from?” It came from this man voting to put two wars on a credit card, to at the same time put a prescription drug benefit on the credit card, a trillion-dollar tax cut for the very wealthy. I was there. I voted against them. I said, no, we can’t afford that.
And now, all of a sudden, these guys are so seized with the concern about the debt that they created.”
Obama tried this exact same line, claiming 90% of the debt was due to Bush’s policies. As usual, they lie. Biden also lied on his vote on the wars. He voted for both the Iraq & Afghanistan wars.
4) Joe said: “I will be very specific. Number one, the — this lecture on embassy security — the congressman here cut embassy security in his budget by $300 million below what we asked for, number one. So much for the embassy security piece.” Well, Ryan’s budget was passed by the House but blocked by the Senate. So Ryan’s budget wasn’t responsible for any embassy security reduction.
5) Biden claims Iran is not closure to producing a nuclear bomb thanks to US sanctions. Well, Joe either lied or doesn’t live in reality. Iran is closer and intelligence agencies, worldwide, say exactly that. So does the UN’s atomic agency. The IAEA also reports great progress by Iran on their nuclear intentions.
6) Ryan mentions the $90 billion Biden and Obama wasted on taxpayer-backed energy loans to Obama bundlers and cronies. Biden immediately lies and brings up Ryan asking for stimulus funds.
…Look at just the $90 billion in stimulus. The vice president was in charge of overseeing this. $90 billion in green pork to campaign contributors and special interest groups. There are just at the Department of Energy over 100 criminal investigations that have been launched into just how stimulus…
RADDATZ: Go ahead. Go ahead.
BIDEN: Martha, look. His colleague…
RYAN: Crony capitalism and corporate welfare.
BIDEN: … runs an investigative committee, spent months and months and months going into this.
RYAN: This is the — this is the inspector general.
BIDEN: Months and months. They found no evidence of cronyism.
And I love my friend here. I — I’m not allowed to show letters but go on our website, he sent me two letters saying, “By the way, can you send me some stimulus money for companies here in the state of Wisconsin?” We sent millions of dollars. You know…
RADDATZ: You did ask for stimulus money, correct?
BIDEN: Sure he did. By the way…
RYAN: On two occasions we — we — we advocated for constituents who were applying for grants. That’s what we do. We do that for all constituents who are…
(CROSSTALK) BIDEN: I love that. I love that. This was such a bad program and he writes me a letter saying — writes the Department of Energy a letter saying, “The reason we need this stimulus, it will create growth and jobs.” His words. And now he’s sitting here looking at me.
And by the way, that program, again, investigated. What the Congress said was it was a model. Less than four-tenths of 1 percent waste or fraud in the program.
And all this talk about cronyism. They investigated and investigated, did not find one single piece of evidence. I wish he would just tell — be a little more candid.
RYAN: Was it a good idea to spend taxpayer dollars on electric cars in Finland, or on windmills in China?
Solyndra, Beacon Power, Fisker Automotive and a long list of other Obama-connected bundlers received billions in taxpayer-backed loans, yet Biden lies and claims there are no examples of cronyism.
7) Next, Biden put forth the Mediscare scam Team Obama has been used and it won Lie of the Year from Politifacts. Also, as Ryan pointed out, the Chief Actuary, Richard Foster, said they couldn’t take money out of Medicare and claim it’s to save/extend Medicare and pay for ObamaCare. Another lie.
8) Biden constantly called it a “Republican Congress” and pointed out the 8% approval rating. This is another tactic Team Obama uses regularly. For the civic-illiterate Obama supporters out there, Congress is made up of the House and Senate. Currently, Republicans control the House and Democrats control the Senate.
9) Biden blatantly lied about ObamaCare not forcing religious organizations to provide contraceptives. Notre Dame and other Catholic groups are currently suing the administration over the contraceptive mandate.
10) Biden lied about the AEI study when trying to claim Romney’s tax plan would raise taxes on the middle class. Hard to defend a record that has produced higher unemployment for the middle class on top of lowering their median household income.
I’m sure there will be more fact-checking throughout the day, but that’s just the one’s I wanted to note.
Read Full Post »