Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Posts Tagged ‘US Embassy’

n_40298_4

Maybe we should put Patriot missiles at our embassies to protect them from Islamic terrorists instead of protecting Muslim countries from other Muslim countries.

Hurriyet Daily News:

A suicide bomb attack at the U.S. Embassy in Ankara, killed one Turkish security guard along with the attecker, Ankara Gov. Aladdin Yüksel.

A woman, who was at the embassy for business, was also injured, Yüksel said.

The explosion occurred at the entrance used by the embassy personnel and their visitors, CNNTürk reported. A security guard at the X-ray machine at the entrance was killed in the explosion that occurred as the suspected suicide bomber was passing through the machine, the report said.

Bomb experts are at the scene of the blast, Daily News reporter Hüseyin Hayatsever reported from the site of the explosion. Police have taken precautions against the possibility of a second attack, he added.

Continue reading>>>

Read Full Post »

How inept is she? What the hell is a “Marine house?” Why is she referring to a Hollywood movie during her testimony about the mistakes and lies surrounding Benghazi?

H/T to Weekly Standard

Read Full Post »

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) points out Hillary Clinton’s failure as Clinton grins.

Read Full Post »

We know why they won’t release pictures of that night…Obama was in bed.

From CBS News:

The White House Photo Office has declined CBS News requests to release images taken of US officials during the Sept. 11 Benghazi attacks.
CBS News first requested the images on Oct. 31. In the past, the White House has released photos showing US officials during national security incidents. A half dozen images related to the mission that captured and killed Osama bin Laden were given to the public last year. One depicts President Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and members of the national security team gathered in the Situation Room on May 1, 2011.

A White House official referred our request regarding the Benghazi attacks to the White House Photo Office. On Nov. 1, an official there indicated she would process our request quickly, but then did not respond further. Finally, this week, the White House Photo Office told CBS News it would not release any images without approval of Josh Earnest in the White House Press Office. Earnest did not respond to our telephone calls and emails.

Continue reading>>>

Read Full Post »

An Open Letter To David Petraeus From The American People

By Matt Bracken (Former Navy SEAL)

General Petraeus:

The American people have followed your stellar career in the military and your tenure as Director of the CIA with great pride. After over 38 years of devoted military and public service, the abrupt and explicit nature of your letter of resignation presented to the American people by the CIA raises nothing but disquieting questions amid concerns raised by the Benghazi terrorist attack.

The timing alone is bursting with suggestive implications.

Wholly unrelated to marital misconduct, you are at the epicenter of a scandal that has more profound consequences to American self-governance than reports of your spousal infidelity. Your abrupt departure from the CIA has only fueled suspicion surrounding the scope and nature of the entirety of events surrounding the terrorist attack on our mission in Benghazi, Libya, that cost four American lives. The aftermath of the attack and the administration’s actions in its wake demand accountability.

Where you were once reported as anxious to testify before a Congressional oversight hearing, we urge you to put your personal difficulties aside and present the American people the facts as you know them. The unsettling information already in the public realm compels a full, public airing for scrutiny by the American people.

Among the crushing breadth of questions with Constitutional implications:

1. In your Benghazi briefing to Members of Congress in September, on what basis did you include information stating the attack was a response to an obscure YouTube video? Was the YouTube narrative provided to you from someone outside of the CIA? Where did it come from?

2. Without disclosing sources and methods, what was the CIA doing in Benghazi at the time of the September 11 attack on our diplomatic mission there? Why did we have a mission, and a CIA “annex” facility, in one of the most dangerous cities on Earth when every other nation had pulled out of Libya? Are the stories of gun-running to Syria accurate? And are we engaged in weapons-dealing with jihadists associated with Al-Qaeda?

3. If the CIA is engaged in weapons dealing out of Benghazi, was this a policy initiated or proposed by you or your agency? If not, who proposed and initiated the program?

4. Did you actually have an affair with Paula Broadwell? If so, were you ever coerced, threatened or even approached by a person or persons with knowledge of this indiscretion in any way suggestive of blackmail?

5. Did you author or approve the language in your resignation letter? Did you, in fact, agree to resign or were you fired?

6. What did the President know and when did he know it–before, during and after the actual terrorist attack in Benghazi? What was he doing while four Americans lost their lives amid repeated distress calls for help? What were you doing?

As you no doubt are aware, America is a deeply divided country and our citizens have less faith in our government than perhaps ever before. You were one of the few men in Washington the public saw as an honest, capable and admirable public servant. In the wake of your resignation as presented, you still possess a measure of trust from the American people, borne of your lifetime of service that few among our highly-placed officials can claim.

Recent events have only exacerbated that lack of faith in the U.S. government.

It should be no surprise to you that very little of this makes any sense to average Americans–the same Americans who looked to you as an example of character, integrity and honor in military and public service. Your full accounting of these events could begin the long road to a restoration of faith in our own government that only the disinfectant light of truth can make possible.

No closed-door Congressional whisperings. You are no longer bound by that obligation.

As you become enveloped by the full measure of dark machinations our politicos manufacture in their quest to cling to power, your silence will only give confidence to those endeavors.

We urge you without delay to give a full accounting directly to the American people in any public venue of your choosing.

Your adult life has been spent defending us; in these troubling times what the very notion of a free and self-governing America requires is not your military skill but your honesty.

America is waiting, Sir. Our survival in freedom is at stake.

Read Full Post »

We learn from CIA Director David Petraeus’s mistress that the CIA had taken some Libyans prisoner and were holding them at the US “embassy” and this was the reason for the Sept. 11th terrorist attack. This would explain the cover-up, lies and spin coming from the Obama administration. Remember, as soon as Obama took office, he signed an executive order that “banned” interrogations/torture and while running for president, Obama was against CIA black sites, which were instrumental in obtaining the information that led to bin-Laden’s courier and eventually to Osama himself.

Of course, we know Obama is a well-documented liar and actually has used the same CIA black sites he “banned.” If the US consulate in Benghazi was actually a CIA black-site, Obama violated his own executive order. As we know, the CIA was in Benghazi looking for weapons that the Obama regime gave them or gave them access to as they fought pro-Gaddafi forces. I can’t wait to see what flies out during the Benghazi testimony this week.

Read Full Post »

This is from a friend of mine, Matt Braken, and we need to get this out into the public. If you blog or twitter, please be sure to share his article on Breitbart.

As more information comes to the light about the Obama administration’s Benghazi cover-up, a former Navy SEAL officer who once took a military detachment to Libya suggests President Barack Obama was either AWOL — essentially an “empty chair” — or deliberately denied Americans under siege in Benghazi the aid they needed by not authorizing “cross-border authority,” without which rescue operations could have taken place.

Matt Bracken, the former SEAL, writes “only the president can give the order for our military to cross a nation’s border without that nation’s permission.” He notes that Obama granted “cross-border authority” for Americans to enter Pakistani airspace to take out Osama bin Laden but, “in order to prevent a military rescue in Benghazi,” all Obama had to do was not grant the authority and any rescue missions would not have been able to go forward without the CBA.

As soon as terrorists attacked the U.S. consulate in Libya, dozens of headquarters — including AFRICOM  and EUROCOM — are notified so they can begin their planning for rescue operations, but, as Braken writes, “there is one thing they can’t do without explicit orders from the president: cross an international border on a hostile mission.”

Had Obama issued the order, Bracken says records would exist and could be immediately provided:

We can be 100% certain that cross-border authority was never given. How do I know this? Because if CBA was granted and the rescue mission execute orders were handed down, irrefutable records exist today in at least a dozen involved component commands, and probably many more. No general or admiral will risk being hung out to dry for undertaking a mission-gone-wrong that the POTUS later disavows ordering, and instead blames on “loose cannons” or “rogue officers” exceeding their authority. No general or admiral will order U.S. armed forces to cross an international border on a hostile mission unless and until he is certain that the National Command Authority, in the person of the POTUS and his chain of command, has clearly and explicitly given that order: verbally at the outset, but thereafter in written orders and official messages. If they exist, they could be produced today.

General David Petraeus has said the stand-down order did not come from the CIA and, as Bracken notes, “only the national security team at the White House” outranks the CIA.

“That means President Obama, and nobody else,” Bracken writes. “Petraeus is naming Obama without naming him.”

Continue reading>>>

Read Full Post »

The scandal keeps growing despite the slow liberal media response.

From CBS News:

CBS News has learned that during the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi, the Obama Administration did not convene its top interagency counterterrorism resource: the Counterterrorism Security Group, (CSG).

“The CSG is the one group that’s supposed to know what resources every agency has. They know of multiple options and have the ability to coordinate counterterrorism assets across all the agencies,” a high-ranking government official told CBS News. “They were not allowed to do their job. They were not called upon.”

Information shared with CBS News from top counterterrorism sources in the government and military reveal keen frustration over the U.S. response on Sept. 11, the night ambassador Chris Stevens and 3 other Americans were killed in a coordinated attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya.

The circumstances of the attack, including the intelligence and security situation there, will be the subject of a Senate Intelligence Committee closed hearing on Nov. 15, with additional hearings to follow.

Counterterrorism sources and internal emails reviewed by CBS News express frustration that key responders were ready to deploy, but were not called upon to help in the attack.

CBS News has agreed not to quote directly from the emails, and to protect the identities of the sources who hold sensitive counterterrorism posts within the State Department, the US military and the Justice Department.

Sounds like another national security leak huh Mr. President.

As to why the Counterterrorism Security Group was not convened, National Security Council Spokesman Tommy Vietor told CBS News “From the moment the President was briefed on the Benghazi attack, the response effort was handled by the most senior national security officials in governments. Members of the CSG were of course involved in these meetings and discussions to support their bosses.”

Absent coordination from Counterterrorism Security Group, a senior US counterterrorism official says the response to the crisis became more confused. The official says the FBI received a call during the attack representing Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and requesting agents be deployed. But he and his colleagues agreed the agents “would not make any difference without security and other enablers to get them in the country and synch their efforts with military and diplomatic efforts to maximize their success.”

Another senior counter terrorism official says a hostage rescue team was alternately asked to get ready and then stand down throughout the night, as officials seemed unable to make up their minds.

A third potential responder from a counter-terror force stationed in Europe says components of AFICOM — the military’s Africa Command based in Stuttgart, Germany — were working on course of action during the assault. But no plan was put to use.

Conveniently, Gen. Ham, who was over AFICOM, has been replaced after he told Congressman Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) that forces were ready but no order to use the forces were given.

“Forces were positioned after the fact but not much good to those that needed it,” the military source told CBS News.

“The response process was isolated at the most senior level,” says an official referring to top officials in the executive branch. “My fellow counterterrorism professionals and I (were) not consulted.”

Continue reading>>>

Read Full Post »

Despite the calls for extra security and knowledge that al-Qaeda training camps were nearby, Team Obama ignored intelligence and the calls for help. The results: 4 dead Americans and a massive cover-up.

From Fox News (because the liberal media isn’t investigating their President):

The U.S. Mission in Benghazi convened an “emergency meeting” less than a month before the assault that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, because Al Qaeda had training camps in Benghazi and the consulate could not defend against a “coordinated attack,” according to a classified cable reviewed by Fox News.

Summarizing an Aug. 15 emergency meeting convened by the U.S. Mission in Benghazi, the Aug. 16 cable marked “SECRET” said that the State Department’s senior security officer, also known as the RSO, did not believe the consulate could be protected.

“RSO (Regional Security Officer) expressed concerns with the ability to defend Post in the event of a coordinated attack due to limited manpower, security measures, weapons capabilities, host nation support, and the overall size of the compound,” the cable said.

According to a review of the cable addressed to the Office of the Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the Emergency Action Committee was also briefed “on the location of approximately ten Islamist militias and AQ training camps within Benghazi … these groups ran the spectrum from Islamist militias, such as the QRF Brigade and Ansar al-Sharia, to ‘Takfirist thugs.’” Each U.S. mission has a so-called Emergency Action Committee that is responsible for security measures and emergency planning.

The details in the cable seemed to foreshadow the deadly Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. compound, which was a coordinated, commando-style assault using direct and indirect fire. Al Qaeda in North Africa and Ansar al-Sharia, both mentioned in the cable, have since been implicated in the consulate attack.

In addition to describing the security situation in Benghazi as “trending negatively,” the cable said explicitly that the mission would ask for more help. “In light of the uncertain security environment, US Mission Benghazi will submit specific requests to US Embassy Tripoli for additional physical security upgrades and staffing needs by separate cover.”

Continue reading>>>

Read Full Post »

Obama’s WaterGate just got serious. A US drone watched from above as the US embassy in Benghazi was attacked and did nothing to protect the American diplomats and staff. Team Obama will go to full spin to cover up their cover-up.

They lied about what they knew and when they knew it. They lied and blamed a YouTube video. They lied and called it a spontaneous mob attack. They sat and watch as Americans were killed.

(CBS News) The closer we get to the election, the harder Republicans in Congress are pushing for answers to a big question: What really happened in the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya last month that killed the U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans?

Some lawmakers are asking why U.S. military help from outside Libya didn’t arrive as terrorists battered more than 30 Americans over the course of more than seven hours. The assault was launched by an armed mob of dozens that torched buildings and used rocket propelled grenades, mortars and AK-47 rifles.

CBS News has been told that, hours after the attack began, an unmanned Predator drone was sent over the U.S. mission in Benghazi, and that the drone and other reconnaissance aircraft apparently observed the final hours of the protracted battle.

The State Department, White House and Pentagon declined to say what military options were available. A White House official told CBS News that, at the start of the attack, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Martin Dempsey and Defense Secretary Leon Panetta “looked at available options, and the ones we exercised had our military forces arrive in less than 24 hours, well ahead of timelines laid out in established policies.”

But it was too late to help the Americans in Benghazi. The ambassador and three others were dead.

Retired CIA officer Gary Berntsen believes help could have come much sooner. He commanded CIA counter-terrorism missions targeting Osama bin Laden and led the team that responded after bombings of the U.S. Embassy in East Africa.

“You find a way to make this happen,” Berntsen says. “There isn’t a plan for every single engagement. Sometimes you have to be able to make adjustments. They made zero adjustments in this. They stood and they watched and our people died.”

The Pentagon says it did move a team of special operators from central Europe to the large Naval Air Station in Sigonella, Italy, but gave no other details. Sigonella is just an hour’s flight from Libya. Other nearby bases include Aviano and Souda Bay. Military sources tell CBS News that resources at the three bases include fighter jets and Specter AC-130 gunships, which the sources say can be extremely effective in flying in and buzzing a crowd to disperse it.

Add to the controversy the fact that the last two Americans didn’t die until more than six hours into the attack, and the question of U.S. military help becomes very important.

Continue reading>>>

Read Full Post »

Older Posts »

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 493 other followers

%d bloggers like this: