Those that heard about the warning are slim to none. The Obama regime doesn’t want to make this an issue because they’re still telling Americans that the border is as safe as its ever been. Just ignore the murders, beheadings and kidnappings and you too can think it’s safe.
MEXICO CITY—For the first time in Mexico’s drug war, the U.S. government said its employees and citizens could be the targets of drug gangs in three Mexican states, a disclosure that could signal danger for Americans south of the border.
The little-noticed warning, published last Friday in a warden’s message from the U.S. Consulate General in Monterrey, said U.S. officials had “information that Mexican criminal gangs may intend to attack U.S. law-enforcement officers or U.S. citizens in the near future in Tamaulipas, Nuevo León and San Luis Potosí.”
In Tamaulipas state, 32 bodies were found in mass graves on a ranch on Tuesday, bringing the total discovered there since last week to 120, authorities said. On Friday, the U.S. State Department said an American man was reported kidnapped from a bus in the state, but it wasn’t known if he was among the dead.
The Consulate’s message could have major implications for Americans across Mexico, who have lived in and visited the country under assurances from both governments that drug-related violence wasn’t directed toward them. An estimated one million U.S. citizens live in Mexico and millions more visit each year.
Among the cities covered in the warning is Monterrey, the country’s northern business hub where U.S. companies like Whirlpool Corp. and General Electric Co. have their regional bases.