It’s all too convenient. Update to this story.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The senior Homeland Security Department official in charge of arresting and deporting illegal immigrants announced his retirement the same day the agency said that hundreds of people facing deportation had been released from immigration jails due to looming budget cuts, according to a letter obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press. The government said he had told his bosses weeks ago that he planned to retire.
Sure..uhuh…very convenient if you ask me. They want us to believe no higher-ups had anything to do with the release of criminals back onto our streets. He did this all on his own…wink!
Gary Mead, executive associate director over enforcement and removal operations at Immigrations and Customs Enforcement, disclosed his departure in an email to his staff Tuesday afternoon. The announcement of the release of the illegal immigrants had come earlier in the day.
President Barack Obama’s spokesman, Jay Carney, said Wednesday that the decision to release the immigrants was made without any input from the White House. He described the immigrants as “low-risk, non-criminal detainees.”
They are criminals. They are in the US ILLEGALLY!
The announcement that a few hundred illegal immigrants were being released was among the most significant and direct implications described so far by the Obama administration about the pending, automatic budget cuts that will take effect later this week under what is known as sequestration.
How convenient that this release just so happens right around the time of sequestration cuts that Obama signed into law and actually proposed.